One time, I happened to be checking my jean's pockets prior to washing and found a number of napkins stashed away in each of the pockets. These napkins were taken from a variety of fast food eateries and unassuming Asian restaurants that keep their pile of napkins out in the open for anyone to take. With such a plethora of free napkins out there, why would I ever pay for a pack of tissues like these:
![]() |
| via Listia |
I never gave much thought to my serviette-amassing activities until a friend asked for a tissue. Being an obliging person, I reached into my bag to offer what happened to be a serviette from Nandos. The "Are you serious?" look crossed the friend's face, followed by the "Anything but a Nandos serviette!" look when he realised that no one else had a spare tissue available. This brought me to wonder whether napkin-hoarding was really the road to take.
The only other viable alternative I'd recognise is carefully folding up tissues from a tissue box and storing them away because I point-blank refuse to buy a pack of tissues (above) that cost more than a whole box of tissues. But then again, the only difference between folded up tissues and folded up serviettes is that the latter may have some logo emblazoned on it. And the way I see it is that whenever I blow my nose with the serviette, I spend no extra money and I do some free advertising while at it. It's a perfect win-win situation.
I also refuse to believe that I'm the only person who does this. Ignorance is bliss.

6 comments:
But serviettes are much thicker and less soft than tissues; more uncomfortable when blowing one's nose!
I do that too, naysayers be damned.
But yes it does make for headaches when washing clothes...
no way, as if anyone would snub a nandos serviette! tissues that smell like nandos? WIN!
Haha me too, i like to shove a huge chunk of tissues from the tissue box into a sandwich bag that I keep in my bag and a lot of the time people are like.. uh has that been used? (cos it ends up really crumpled)
i get so angry at customers who take a huge stack of tissues and then only use half of them (at breadtop). i wonder, what is wrong with you? can't you exercise restraint? if only everyone were like you, katherine lee, napkin saviour.
LOL
Post a Comment