Monday, December 5, 2011

Mundane Happenings #5

- As much as my parents like IKEA, I no longer find the novelty of the place that appealing. It might be because the food at IKEA is almost exactly like college food (meatballs and gravy anyone?). So it's not somewhere that I would particularly want to visit every week. But because my parents have held a fondness for the place ever since their twenties, they like to go there as a replacement cafe that provides free coffee. Oh so Asian. 

Anyway, the parents decided to walk to IKEA today and I was coerced gently urged to also go under the guise of 'family bonding'. The results are aching legs, a slight tan and horrendous hat hair. It's times like these when I'm secretly relieved that the chances of anyone I know driving past me are relatively low. I probably looked like the biggest dork ever. 


- Berry picking! So so much fun and so so delicious! Truthfully, I was only interested in the raspberries but the blackberries were pretty good too. The drive to and from was quite hilarious as well, starting with J's 2 minute long struggle of leaving on his right-hand indicator (captured on video for posterity :D) and continuing with the GPS leading us to a 4WD-only dirt track instead of Miss Marples Tea Room.


via waywardwandering.com
- I'm obsessed with We Found Love by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris. Thank you J for your good taste in music. :D


- Hello summery days! Last week's weather was cold and gloomy :( but I'm glad it's warm and sunny now. 


- Weeding apparently does wonders for the quads (Whittling away thunder thighs since the summer of '11!). 


- G's b-day celebration was awesome and it was so good seeing (almost) everyone. My arms hurt from SingStar Dance. Clearly my arms are not conducive to dancing (as SingStar Dance seemed to agree with it's constant flashings of 'Awful'). 

4 comments:

FROGGY said...

ooooooh yay you went to miss marples! i want to go berry picking toooooooo

lmao singstar dance.... oh god.

Yi-Ling said...

omg, want to see awful dancing.

KL said...

Come back then. Pronto.

f i o n a said...

it was not awful! it was amazing and lively :D