Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hiatus No More

Ah, good lord. It's been almost a year since I've last updated. It's slightly embarrassing how much of an undedicated blogger I am compared to all the regulars. But on the upside, it's allowed me to personally evaluate how much I felt I changed since then. Personal benefit = 1.

One thing I should probably bring to light is my past boy-craziness. It's way too shameful to imagine how incredibly boy-crazy I was last year. To my defense, I did attend an all-girls high school for 6 years. I guess that cringe-worthy 1 year of lasciviousness had to happen. In any case, with that chapter safely behind, I think it's a-okay for me to say that there are times when I do enjoy the entirely platonic company of the opposite sex more than the time spent with my own sex. I can't help but bring to mind the irony of saying such a statement since I seem to remember I ridiculed a certain someone in high school for saying it as well. I'm sorry Y. I'm not sure if you remember telling me that but I now know where you're coming from. It just took me a few years s'all.

So updates! I'm living at a college this year. It's sort of more like a faux-college since it has ties with the Lutheran church but it's a place to eat, sleep and socialise. So close enough. I've made some great friends who, I'm pleased to report, are Asian! Yes! I haven't strayed too far from the PLC days! I have been welcomed back into the Asian fold and I'm there to stay. Actually, living at college really does remind me of home since the building's basically all Asian (Ha, take that all the nasty teachers in year 10. We really can work together successfully!). We've had our run-of-the-mill late-night chats, our Munchkin-playing days and our cheese nights. And to boot, it's not even that noisy.

Adelaide's growing on me. It might just be because I'm situated in the nice part of Adelaide - the northern side. It's full of green lawns and nice foliage. The walk to uni is a pleasant one, even if it is uphill one way. There's even a 24-hour bakery to satisfy any late-night hunger pangs (which doubles as a lucrative munchies spot for all the college revelers). I'm still not a great fan of the opening hours of the shops and the lack of Woolworths and Coles in vital areas. How is it that there's only an IGA and Foodland in North Adelaide? Why are they so over-priced? Gah!

Uni is busy. I don't know how, but I'm already behind in Contracts notes. Fingers-crossed I'll be able to catch up during the holidays. Physiology is great! I'm half in love with the term 1 lecturer. She's American and has a voice that's reminiscent of the narrated science clips on Youtube – so incredibly calm and collected. Biochem is so-so. I'm not too keen on the lectures but the material itself is interesting. How is it that the nerd/dork factor in my Biochem lectures is so high? Tank tops that show one's midriff paired with jeans and sneakers, anyone? Forgive the hypocrisy. Personal style still = 0

6 comments:

FROGGY said...

omg you're back. I AM SO EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

we we we so excited. urgh.

24hour bakery. sounds good.

Alice said...

OMG. I lived to see the end of the hiatus!!!

tbh, one-year hiatuses(?) aren't that uncommon. Anyway, yay for being back!

f i o n a said...

DAMMIT i was hoping you'd mention you-know-who!! im going to call you again sooooooon <3

Yi-Ling said...

omg GREAT BLOG POST. i hope that person you speak of is not myself. : ( if it is, YAY I WAS MENTIONED. your life sounds so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! we must meet! <33

f i o n a said...

you should put in a chatterbox otherwise how else am i meant to comment on how good your new header looks!! it's THAT CRAZY SEAGULL!! i also LOL that the word verification is "hypimps"..... LOOO......L hello to you toooo ^-^

f i o n a said...

you should put in a chatterbox otherwise how else am i meant to comment on how good your new header looks!! it's THAT CRAZY SEAGULL!! i also LOL that the word verification is "hypimps"..... LOOO......L hello to you toooo ^-^